Social Icons

Wednesday

Tough, but Oh-so Worth It

Writing is tough. Some days you want to do anything BUT write. I thought that after I completed my novel everything else would be easy.
Boy, was I wrong.
Editing was a nightmare. After finishing your book, sometimes the only thing you want to do is throw it out into the world and let it swim or sink. Fortunately, I received my daily fix of Facebook and then returned to the grindstone to edit Featherlight.
It was slow going, but I managed. And, just for good measure, I did a second edit to fix any straggling mistakes.
After I finally listed my book for publication, things began to get tougher. Why should a reader buy a new book with no reviews from a no-name author?
You know what, that's a great question that I can't answer. Luckily, several brave souls gave me a chance, and then they gave me encouraging reviews.
All of the hard work payed off, editing and all, when I read my first review from a happy reader. If nothing else, one person enjoying Featherlight made the whole process worth it, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment